Key: All three areas must be properly accounted for in order to have an accurate diagnosis of your condition and in order to formulate viable treatment plan
1. The condition of your jaw joints
Signs of a jaw joint problem
- Clicking sounds
- Popping sounds
- Grating sounds
- Limitation of lower jaw movement
- Pain to the ear area and side of head and jaw
2. The condition of your bite
Facial profile and bite:
How do you your teeth come together
- Always touching?
- Not touching in front?
- Teeth worn, broken, missing?
3. The nature of your pain
TMJ pain can be felt multiple ways, with multiple potential pain referral sites.