There are two appointment necessary for your TMJ evaluation and consultation
At your consultation, Dr. Gittelson will personally review with you in detail your clinical photos, clinical findings and TMJ MRI results.
Key questions to be answered:
- Is there a problem with your jaw joints?
- Is there a problem with your jaw joints that is affecting your bite and facial profile?
- Is there a problem with your jaw joints contributing to any pain issues?
Key: All three areas must be properly accounted for in order to have an accurate diagnosis and in order to formulate viable treatment plans.
- How do we manage the jaw joint?
- How do we manage the bite?
- How do we manage the pain?
- Discuss all treatment options
- Make appropriate recommendations
- Follow up with ongoing care as necessary