Dr. Gittelson has been in private practice for more than thirty five years as a restorative dentist. For the last eighteen years, his practice has focused primarily on diagnosing and
treating TMJ related disorders, as well as head, neck, facial pain and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, (CRPS/RSD) disorders in children, adolescents and adults.
Dr. Gittelson has extensive and ongoing training in the science of jaw joint, facial pain, and CRPS diagnostics, as well as TMJ MRI and Maxillo-Facial CT interpretation. He received
this training at the prestigious Piper Education and Research Center (www.PiperERC.com), in St. Petersburg, FL under the direct tutelage of Mark Piper, M.D., D.M.D.
Dr Gittelson offers lecture and hands on courses on the science of TMJ diagnostics and MRI interpretation.
Dr Gittelson offers courses to doctors and qualified practitioners on the science of CRPS diagnostics and treatment including sympathetic nerve blocks to the head, neck and face.
Dr Gittelson also offers educational seminars to the general public on CRPS.
Post-Graduate Advanced Training Courses
Piper Education and Research Center, Dr. Mark Piper M.D., D.M.D.
- TMJ Diagnostics and Basic Management
- Core Therapy for Intermediate to Advanced TMD
- Joint Based Occlusion Articulometrics
- MRI and CT Scan Interpretation
- Joint Based Occlusion, Advanced Case Studies
- Foundational Occlusion
- Advanced Pain Diagnostics and Treatment: CRPS/RSD
The Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Dr. Frank Spear, D.D.S., MSD
- Esthetic Restorative Dentistry
- Facially Generated Treatment Planning
- Advanced Comprehensive Treatment Planning
- Occlusion in Clinical Practice
- Advanced Occlusion in Clinical Practice
The Misch International Implant Institute, Dr. Carl Misch, D.D.S., MDS
- Removable Implant Prothesis
- Fixed Implant Prosthesis
Private Practice since 1983
Emory University School of Dentistry, D.D.S. – 1983
Emory University – B.A. – 1979
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Nassau County Dental Society
- Piper/McKee Advanced TMJ Diagnostics Study Club
Awards & Recognition
Dr. Charles E. English Award 2002, first recipient, for the most clinically relevant article published in the Journal Implant Dentistry.